Friday, June 3, 2016

Competitive analyses

The Chevrolet Camaro-Ford Mustang rivalry and sales race is about to heat up again. Chevrolet has pulled the covers off the redesigned 2016 Camaro scheduled to arrive this fall. The new Camaro, rebuilt from the wheels up and now riding on the same underpinnings as the Cadillac ATS sport sedan, will face the red-hot Mustang, which was redesigned last year and is getting more enhancements for 2016. The 2016 Camaro is the first since the mid-1980s to offer a four-cylinder engine. Here’s how the two pony cars -- the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro and 2015 Ford Mustang compare on paper. Camaro. Two of the Camaro’s three engines outmuscle the Mustang, and the output of the Camaro’s third engine, the 2.0-liter, is closer than the numbers imply. The Mustang’s 2.3-liter engine only delivers the full 310 hp when fed premium fuel -- which most drivers do not buy. Ford will not say how much power the 2.3-liter EcoBoost loses running on regular, but some estimates say as much as 15 percent. Mustang’s 2.3-liter engine is capable of 32 mpg highway, but that engine is a $1,500 option. The 2.0-liter in the Camaro, Chevy says, will deliver “more than 30 mpg highway” and is the standard engine. Chevy also will offer its cylinder cutoff system, active fuel management, on V-6 and V-8 engines. For years it's always been the Mustangs, now they are also trying to keep a closer eye on the Challenger, one of Dodge's muscles car. For years it's always Chevy and Ford, I like them both honestly. However I’m not a big fan of Chevy (Says who owns a Pontiac that’s by GM…) once I got into the Camaro I was excited to take it for a spin. It’s a lot more powerful than I expected, I have driven a V8 car before however. Not as powerful as the Camaro, I can see why I see them everywhere. It’s kind of affordable (If you can afford the insurance) and it’s fast. Although I won’t advised racing the streets, or get to point a to b to c back to a in a matter of time, I mean if I ever own a Camaro I would enjoy the ride more so than get to my points fast and would miss driving it later on.


http://www.autonews.com/article/20150516/OEM04/150519902/camaro-vs.-mustang%3A-who-has-the-edge%3F

No comments:

Post a Comment